Where creativity is nurtured, skills are acquired, and art is made
Class is canceled
Fallbrook School of the Arts310 E. Alvarado St., Fallbrook, CA 92028
(760) 728-6383 | emailIn Historic Downtown Fallbrook
DATE | Weds Only, 4-Week Session | 10a-12p | Click to View Supply List | Instructor Igor Koutsenko
Students will learn an intuitive and modern way of creating images in the style that is reminiscent of Picasso. First students will make a series of very quick line sketches. The best sketches will then be used as a structure for the final piece. The rest of the process will consist of applying paint and elements of collage ( some old newspaper, found objects ) to the surface of the canvas in a very intuitive way without preplanning. Some stencil work can be added as well. You do not need to know how to paint or draw for these classes.
- Stretched or un-stretched canvas (Size 14x14" to 24x24") if you prefer working on a smaller size, please bring couple of canvases.
- Acrylic paint – an assorted basic color set works well plus black paint plus a large tube of white.
- A few small or medium size containers for premixing of colors, container for water, a palette, a palette knife, plastic spatula or old credit card for applying pressure while gluing the paper onto the surface of the canvas, paper towels. A sponge to be used with stencils.
- Elmer’s glue or any other glue for attaching pieces of newspaper to the surface of the canvas.
- Assorted brushes, flat and round, including one medium size of basic household bristle brush.
- Some old newspapers or magazines, textured paper, even some found objects like dry leaves and such that could be easily glued onto the canvas.
- Some found objects, like wire mesh, that could be used as stencils.
- One white pencil. Some regular pencils, sketch book and an eraser.
- Optional: a few acrylic markers.
September 13, 20, 27, & October 4, 2017 Wednesdays Only, 4-Week Session10 am - 12 pm$125 + view Supply List aboveAll skill level adults