Where creativity is nurtured, skills are acquired, and art is made
2-Day Workshop | Mar 24 - 25, 2018 (Sat & Sun) | 10a - 3p | Click to view Supply List | Instructor Sarah Webber
Fallbrook School of the Arts310 E. Alvarado St., Fallbrook, CA 92028
(760) 728-6383 | emailIn Historic Downtown Fallbrook
“Barnyard Brushstrokes” Oil and Acrylic painting animal painting workshop. It is designed to be fun and informative. I am known for my cows, donkeys and other barnyard animals but any animal is OK. We will work mainly from good photos.Students bring their own photos but I also bring my large photo library.
My goal is to find what is special about each student and help bring that out. A simple, bold brushstroke carefully placed is stressed. Using color and good drawing we want to emphasize the expression of the animal. The workshop contains exercises drawing from life, color studies from photos, value studies in black and white. Ultimately producing about 3 finished paintings to give as a gift, enter into a show, submit to a gallery or just to hang proudly in your home is the goal. A demo and a group critique is included.
SARAH J. WEBBER WORKSHOPS – SUPPLY LISTAny questions? Email Instructor Sarah at email@example.com
Easels will be provided.
- Several each of canvases or canvas panels: 8 x 10”, 9 x 12”, 12 x 12”, 11 x 14”, 12 x 16”, 16 x 20” square sizes too they are good for faces
- One BIG canvas. I would like to try a big piece at this workshop! Good for loosening up! 24 x 24” or 24 x 30” would be excellent. Nothing bigger than that.
- Vine or willow charcoal, medium sized, (soft or medium) graphite pencils, anything for doing big drawings, black oil crayon OK.
- Sketch pad, larger is better.
- Paper palette or plastic palette in case you are not bringing a French easel, just a table easel.
- Pack of canvas pads for color studies. 11 x 14” is a good size.
- Oil Paint: titanium white, yellow ochre, cadmium yellow medium, cadmium yellow lemon or yellow light, cadmium orange, alizarin crimson, cadmium red, permanent rose, ultramarine blue, viridian, black. Please do not bring oil painting sets…bring good paint!! I like Utrecht paint… very buttery good for thick brushstrokes! Also like Grumbacher and Gamblin.
- Paint brushes of various sizes, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 etc., flats, rounds and filberts…. Stiff brushes or hog bristle are best!! No soft brushes.
- Palette Knife
- Lots of paper towels
- Turp, turp jar, any painting medium such as liquin, or linseed oil, walnut oil, galkyd slow dry.
- Small pocket mirror to look at your work in reverse
- GOOD Photos of your favorite animals or pet.
I will provide a photo library, extra paper towels and some extra canvases and panelsCome ready to draw, paint, learn and have a good time!